DC Employment and Labor Lawyers Provide Reliable Representation
Accomplished Washington firm advises and litigates on behalf of employers and workers
As the seat of the U.S. government, Washington, D.C. is where Congress enacts the laws that protect your rights. In the same spirit, Cashdan & Kane, PLLC protects the rights of employers and employees when illegal or improper workplace behavior is alleged. Whether your particular concern relates to a discrimination claim, a wrongful termination action or another type of matter, our firm delivers exceptional advice and advocacy. Our office is located at the corners of Connecticut Avenue NW and K Street NW in Washington, D.C. across from the Farragut North Metro station.
Knowledgeable attorneys handle a full range of employment issues
Our experienced litigators draw on an in-depth understanding of employment law to provide our clients with high-quality legal services on a wide variety of issues, including matters related to:
- Sexual harassment
- Discrimination against employees on the basis of sex, race, age, religion and other personal characteristics
- Wrongful termination
- Protection for whistleblowers
- Labor unions
- Wage and hour issues
- Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act and DC rules
- Severance agreements and employment contracts
We provide insightful counsel to workers and businesses on these and other employment issues.
Seasoned litigators advise on labor and union concerns
Labor law is the branch of employment law concerning labor unions and their relationship to management and employees. The National Labor Relations Act, Taft-Hartley Act and related statutes protect the rights of workers to unionize and collectively bargain without retaliation from their employers, but also protect against abusive practices of labor unions. We provide advice and litigation services for all types of labor law issues, including certification and decertification of unions, collective bargaining, unfair labor practices and other grievances.
Why you need Cashdan & Kane
If you have any kind of employment law issue, you can benefit from our services, which include:
- Skilled legal representation — We handle all aspects of our client’s cases, beginning with pre-suit investigation and including filing pleadings, motions and supporting briefs, denying and rebutting accusations against you and presenting evidence on your behalf.
- Effective discovery — A critical component of a lawsuit is discovery, the process of obtaining documents and information from your opponent. Our knowledge of the critical issues allows us to ask questions designed to uncover the evidence needed to win your case.
- First-class advice — Our understanding of the law and its practical applicability in a variety of employment contexts allows us to provide trustworthy advice to our clients. We also have a network of experts we can draw upon where needed.
Employment law is a complex field. Many companies and employees are ignorant of their rights and responsibilities. A successful lawsuit by a wronged employee can result in substantial damages and other forms of relief, including attorneys’ fees. Consulting a knowledgeable employment law attorney before trouble arises or before you take action can help you avoid costly mistakes, and if a problem does arise, we can guide you on how to deal with it in a professional manner and represent you effectively in court if necessary.
Contact a reliable attorney for assistance with a Washington, D.C. employment or labor issue
Cashdan & Kane, PLLC advises and represents clients in a complete range of District of Columbia labor and employment matters. Please call 908-264-9331 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our Washington, D.C. location is at the intersection of Connecticut Avenue NW and K Street NW. We also have offices in Westfield, Newark and Jersey City, New Jersey.