David R. Cashdan Member
David R. Cashdan, a private practice lawyer specializing in employment law, discrimination, and executive employment law, has been practicing law for more than 40 years. He has been selected by his peers as one of the nation’s Best Lawyers © and was named 2013 Metropolitan Washington’s and Employment Lawyer of the Year for 2013 and has been awarded the AV Preeminent Rating for ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale Hubbell.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- District of Columbia and Maryland and U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, Fourth Circuit, Fifth Circuit, Sixth Circuit, Seventh Circuit
- JD: University of Michigan
- Lead Counsel: Bell et al. v. Automobile Club of Michigan. One of the first broad class actions under Title VII that culminated after 12 years in a multi-million dollar settlement for the class, the creation of a trust to assist African American class members with low interest mortgages and automobile financing, and robust affirmative action.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in America” © 2016.
- Recipient of Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, “Attorney of the Year”, 2013.
- Super Lawyers Washington, D.C., 2007-2014.
- Has for several years received Avvo’s employment lawyer highest rating of 10-10.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Equal Opportunity Law, Denver College of Law, Spring Quarters
- Chairperson and Lecturer, Equal Employment Opportunity Law, CLE Colorado Bar.
- Senior Attorney and Acting Chief, District Court Section, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- ADA Policy Law Editorial Advisory Board. Editorial Board, Bender’s Labor & Employment Bulletin
- Co-Chair, Chet Levitt Fund for Employment Law, a project of workplace fairness
- The District of Columbia Bar: He has been elected on several occasions to serve on Steering Committee of Labor Law Division and has served as the Co-Chair of the Steering Committee.
- The State of Maryland Bar
- American Bar Association (Member, Sections of: Labor and Employment Law; Individual Rights and Responsibilities Law; Litigation)
- National Employment Lawyers Association (First Vice President 2011-14, Vice President Public Policy, 2007-2010—, Treasurer, 2006—, Member, Board of Directors, 2003-2015)
- Workplace Fairness (Member, Advisory Board)
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association: He helped to form MWELA, served as its President in 1993-1996 and has been a member of the Board of Directors, 1988—)
- District of Columbia Employment Justice Center (Board of Directors, 2000-2004)
- Chet Levitt Employment Law Fund (Co-Chair, 1997—)
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers (Member, 2003—)