Employment Lawyers in New Jersey and Washington, D.C. Provide Trustworthy Counsel
Accomplished firm has a national reputation in labor matters
Litigating an employment matter successfully requires a strong commitment and knowledgeable legal counsel. At Cashdan & Kane, PLLC, our attorneys have won favorable results for clients in New Jersey and Washington, D.C. since 1991. With more than 50 years of combined legal experience, our accomplished advocates understand how to handle all types of workplace legal matters on behalf of employees and employers alike.
Attorneys in DC and Westfield, NJ deliver exceptional representation to clients
You can rely on us to fortify your position during any employment law matter because of our:
- Strong recommendations — Former clients and professional colleagues frequently recommend us when people they know have a labor or employment issue. Firm partners David Cashdan and Michael Kane have each earned an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work.
- Assertive representation — Whether you’re a worker or manager, we understand the heavy toll an employment issue law can take. That’s why we aggressively pursue successful results so that your case can be resolved promptly and favorably.
- Caring advocacy — We provide comprehensive labor and employment representation in a caring, professional manner. As we work to resolve your short-term concerns, we build lasting relationships by helping you anticipate long-term consequences.
Our reputation and courtroom track record serve our clients well during settlement negotiations. However, when litigation is necessary, we are effective, determined litigators.
Knowledgeable advocates aim to secure favorable results in workplace disputes
We represent clients in all types of labor and employment matters, including cases related to:
- Severance agreements and employment contracts — Our experienced lawyers advise clients on the preparation, negotiation and enforcement of severance agreements and employment contracts addressing a range of issues and every type of employment relationship.
- Discrimination and sexual harassment — In discrimination and sexual harassment cases, we conduct a detailed review of the facts and represent individuals and companies effectively during administrative hearings and litigation where bias is alleged. We also help companies take proactive measures to prevent quid pro quo and hostile work environment claims.
- Whistleblower and union rights retaliation — We protect whistleblowers, union rights advocates and other employees from illegal retaliation. Additionally, employers rely on us to help them avoid violations and to defend them from lawsuits alleging unlawful retaliation.
- Wrongful termination — Whether the conflict relates to a contract claim, alleged retaliation, discrimination or some other issue, our lawyers will handle your wrongful termination matter with professionalism and efficiency.
- Washington, D.C., employment laws — For decades, we have provided detailed advice on employment laws in the District of Columbia for a variety of government and private clients.
No matter how complex or contentious your situation is, we will clearly outline your options and develop a thorough strategy for achieving your objectives.
Adroit counsel builds winning cases through careful preparation and follow-up
Our litigation team investigates your case before determining a course of action. Should we go to court, we obtain documents and information through the discovery process. We often reach settlements our clients can accept through skillful negotiations, but if we can’t, we will present the strongest available case on your behalf at trial whether you are the plaintiff or defendant. Along the way, we will give you trustworthy advice on the potential consequences of various decisions.
Contact an established attorney for assistance with a New Jersey or DC employment issue
Cashdan & Kane, PLLC represents of New Jersey and District of Columbia clients in a full range of labor and employment matters. Please call our NJ office at 908-264-9331 or our DC office at 202-862-4330 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our New Jersey headquarters is in Westfield, and we also have offices in Newark along with our Washington, D.C. location.